HAU'OLI MAKAHIKI HOU!
Happy New Year! Hope ya'll had a safe, but lively New Year's celebration. I had a little get-together at my place where we barbecued tons of meats (it felt like it was never-ending), played Exploding Kittens (it's not what it sounds like), photo boothed, popped poppers, and viewed some firework shows on my balcony to end the night. Actually, it ended with more eating. Nonetheless, great way to celebrate the end of 2015 and the beginning of 2016!
Another passing of a year and this time it's a bittersweet feeling. Last year had been an abundance of blessings. At work, I jumped on an opportunity and nabbed a higher position; one that I genuinely enjoy doing. Relationships with my family, friends, and SO are a lot stronger, deeper, and contrived me to be a better person. In turn, the overall quality of my health and lifestyle increased immensely. And also because I got a new apartment to roll around in :D
There were a lot of realizations, also. One important thing I learned was to do what makes you happy. Before, I would take that philosophy with a grain of salt, but this past year has taught me to take it in as if my life depended on it. In a way, our lives are heavily dependent on what makes us happy and what does not. We’re so enthralled with work, whether at home or professionally, that we forget to live a fulfilling life. We become bitter, pissed off at everything, and turn into a grumpy old hag so to speak. We lose ourselves. Yes I know, it's easier said than done. Baby steps! I'm not perfect, I'm still learning, but it's good to be aware early on.
1. Best thing that happened this past year? - Bumped up to Project Manager at work. And new apartment.
2. Most challenging thing that happened? - Continually having to prove myself in a male-dominated field. Not so much challenging, but repetitive and annoying.
3. An unexpected joy this past year? - The fact that I was actually happy and things were going well for me was an unexpected delight.
4. A missed opportunity this past year? - Trip to Singapore! Gahh! Could've gone, but no one could go with me. Boohoo!
5. Three hashtags to describe this past year? - #Blessed #Happy #LoveWins
6. In your eyes, Woman of The Year? - There are a lot of women around the world that deserve that title. The ones that inspire us, leads us, and fights for us both women and men. But closest to my heart, it'll always be my Mom. She raised my siblings and I and dealt with our anarchy.
7. One thing forgotten? - I bought a sewing machine to alter all my huge clothes. A month later into buying it, got busy, forgot about it. But I must alter them ASAP! I need more cute clothes!
8. A significant event this past year? - Swimming with Whale Sharks!
9. What are you most thankful for? - My life.
10. Who are you most thankful to? - My dear Atis.
11. What was the most enjoyable part of your work? - Clients.
12. What was the most challenging part of your work? - Clients.
13. Biggest time waster this past year? - I don't think there really was an activity that wasted my time. Sleep was important. And so was watching cat videos. Ha!
14. Best way time was spent this past year? - Reading. Just reading anything. Books. Magazines. News. Blogs. Fortune Cookies. Also, spending time with people who brought out the best in me and helped me grow in all aspects of life.
15. Create a phrase or statement that describes this past year for you? - Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
THE NEW YEAR
Life is like a roller coaster. It has its ups and downs. It has moments when you feel giddy, and moments when you want to throw up. Times where you want to take control, and times where you just let go and scream your head off. Always! Yes, we're still talking about life. LOL.
This past year's reflection has given me insight on what this new year might have in store for me: disarrays. Based on the "Roller Coaster of Life Theory" (yes, I made that up) this year could be a low, being that last year was a high. If that's the case, I'm ready! I've always made the best out of a can of worms. Always moving forward! And confidently beautiful with a heart :) Haha!
My wish for this year is to be as happy as last year, if not, happier. 12 months of joy, 52 weeks of excitement, 365 days of success, 8760 hours of good health, 525,600 minutes of good karma, and 315,360,000 seconds of love. Happy 2016!