Yes people, I am 30 years old. I know I still look underage, but I am an "Aunty". Still feeling good and looking good though! 😝
I've learned a lot during my 30 years of existence. One being that...sunscreen is your friend!
I'm no expert in life. I'm still learning and there's still a lot to learn. But here's a 30 for 30; 30 things I've learned at the age of 30...
- Age is nothing but a number. Cliche as it is, it truly is just a number. It's all in how you think. If you keep telling yourself you're too old for this, too old for that, excuses, excuses, then you'll feel that way.
- Maintenance. Assuming that you're eating right and exercising regularly, keep doing what you're doing. You won't have as much energy as you did when you were in high school. So, if you don't keep at it, it's going to be harder to get back into it. This also goes for your brain. Read a book. Do trivia. Complete word puzzles. Two of my faves are Sudoku and Solitaire. Take care of yourself.
- I get hungrier as I get older. Especially late at night. Damn.
- If you want things done and done right, do it yourself. Don't get me wrong, I need help. Everyone does. But seems like no one wants to help me, in particular. And if they do "help", it's half-ass or it's as if they're being bothered. Which brings me to my next point...
- Be thankful for the people who've helped you. Not too many will.
- Time is precious. Stop waiting for the perfect moment. Seize those opportunities. And do not, especially, waste it on bullshit. Do what makes you happy.
- Pity Parties. If you must, throw a very small one, though still, not many people will show up. And then get on with life! No after party!
- Everyone has a story. You don't know where they came from. You don't know what they've been through. What luck they've had. What the universe has in store for them. Whether rich or poor, successful or struggling, don't be so quick to judge others. In saying that... don’t compare yourself to others. You have a story of your own.
- Love yourself. Before you can love anyone else, you have to do you first. Having a significant other is not the most important thing in the world. The world won't end if you only have a few friends. But of course, if it's there, take it. First, find yourself; get to know you.
- Swearing is fun. It's expression. Why prohibit it?
- If you got it flaunt it. Kendrick Lamar would say, "Bitch, sit down, be humble." But, be Yoncè and "If you got it, flaunt it!" Whether God blessed you or you worked hard for your shit, it's not wrong to show it off a bit.
- The right time and place. You don't wear your Armani suit to the beach. You don't order chicken at a sushi place. You don't bring your side chick at your wife's charity event. Lol! Totally kidding. I mean, you could do those things, but you'd be a douche or a deadman.
- Try new things. This goes especially with food 😋Food is life!
- Be thankful for what you have. It could be worse. But don't settle. Keep on keeping on!
- I love mom jeans. Well, those are the only things that fit me now 😅
- Balance. A little bit of this, a little bit of that, a dash of this and a pinch of that. Don't overindulge in one thing. Variety is key. Work hard, play hard. Time with friends, time with family. A salad today, ice cream tomorrow.
- Karma's a bitch. Be nice. What goes, around comes around.
- Collaboration over competition. Now days I'm more interested in talking about ideas than talking about people. And when I do talk about people, it's about their achievements and how I can work with them. Team work!
- There are some things out of your control. Ever wanted something so bad that you did everything you could to get it? And even more so, it seemed like you were so close to getting it but it just blows up in your face? But then, days later or maybe even years later, everything worked out or you realized it was for the best? The universe can be cruel, but everything happens for a reason. Don't take things too seriously.
- Past has passed. Nothing is permanent. Things always change. You can look at your past as however you want. Sulk if you must, celebrate when you can, then get on with life.
- Don't bring up the past. Especially in arguments with loved ones. Keep it on the current situation. Bringing up old shit will make things worse.
- Travel. Explore the planet the universe has put you in!
- You're responsible for yourself, actions and feelings. For instance, you get a customer who's being a dick. She's pissing you off and she's cursing at you and you curse back, and not to mention, she has the sharpest "I want to speak to your manager" look that you want to smack off her face. She's not the one making you feel angry; you are the one who's letting her make you feel angry. You let her get inside your head and made you feel pissed and let her make you splurge out slurs. Another one could be your girlfriend. She makes you happy, she makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. It's because you let her make you feel that way, and not because she made you feel that way. You have control of your own feelings and actions.
- Experiences are far better than material things. Yes! I'd rather go tubing in irrigation canals in Kauai than go shopping for Gucci sweaters. But why not do both? Lol. But If I had to choose, definitely tubing! Click here for my Kauai tubing experience. Click here for my Gucci Sweater.*
- Comfortable will replace cute and sexy. I've worn high heels since I was 10 years old. The heels got smaller and smaller as I grew older. I'm one of those that would wear heels to the beach (the right time and place, right 🙄) Now, I'd rather wear my Skechers Memory Foam shoes to wherever I go.
- Make-up. And all things skincare...don't do it! Lol, jk. Don't wear make-up on the daily, like to work. Moisturize instead. Use natural or even gentle ingredients. And don't put on too much!
- Work at home. There's a lot of companies offering work at home jobs or remote jobs. If you find a good one, take it! So much more freedom!
- Being nice. Someone that’s nice to you but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person. People will show their true colors unknowingly. Catch them!
- Nothing is black and white. Life can be chaotic. There is no definitive right way or wrong way to do things. So, do what you genuinely think is right. Do what your gut tells you. Do what your heart tells you.
- YOLO. You only live once. Hence, my list! ✌🏻
* There is no Gucci Sweater.
* You May Also Like *